Thank you for scheduling your free half-hour consultation! Before we speak, it would be helpful if you could familiarize yourself with the following material.
Hiring a Ghostwriter/Editor
The relationship a client has with their client-editor relationship is
- Hiring a Ghostwriter: Secrets From a Ghostwriting Professional (ClearVoice)
- What to Look for in a Ghostwriter (Los Angeles Editors and Writers Group)
- My Services
If you’re not sure what an author platform is — and why it’s so important — please read the following:
- The Author Platform: What It Is and Why You Need It (Los Angeles Editors and Writers Group)
- Facebook Groups vs. Pages
- My Services
Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing
Both require you to have an author platform. But when publishing a nonfiction book traditionally, you’ll also need a book proposal.
- Resources on traditional publishing (Los Angeles Editors and Writers Group)
- Sell Your Book With a Winning Proposal (Los Angeles Editors and Writers Group)
Preparing Your Manuscript for Review
Since page count can vary wildly, depending on fonts and spacing, the most accurate way to assess the length of your work is by word count. To find your word count in Microsoft Word, go to Tools in the menu bar, then choose Word Count.
To ensure the legibility of your manuscript, use standard fonts such as Times or Arial in 12-point font. Double spacing is also recommended.
Ready to get started?